1 teaspoon of garlic-infused oil
2 cups Cremini mushrooms sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
12 boneless, skinless Chicken thighs cut into 2 or 3 inch pieces
2 1/2 table spoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 tablespoon of butter
1 1/4 cups hot chicken stock
1 table spoon Marsala wine
Half of a 17.2 oz package (one 9 1/2 x 9 1/2-sheet) thawed all butter ready-rolled puff pastry

1. preheat the oven to 425 degrees. fry the bacon strips in the oil until they begin to crisp, then add the sliced mushrooms and soften them in the pan with the bacon.

2. turn the chicken strips in the in the flour and thyme (you could toss them in a freezer bag), and then melt the butter in the pan before adding the floury chicken and all the flour left in the bag. stir around with the bacon and mushrooms until the chicken begins to color, about 25 minutes.

3. pour in hot stock and Marsala, stirring to form a sauce, and let this bubble away for about 5 minutes.

4. take two 1 1/4 cup pie pots and make a pastry rim for each one an approximately 1/2 inch strip curled around the top of each pot. dampen the edges with a little bit of water to make the pastry stick.

5. Cut a circle bigger than the top of each pie pot for the lid, then divide the chicken filling between the two.

6. dampen the edges again and then pop on the top of each pie, sealing the edges with your finger.

7. cook the pies for about twenty minutes, turning them around halfway through cooking. once cooked they should puff up magnificently.
Serves 2 people

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:37 pm 

THat sound wonderful too! This is good weather for pot pies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm 

fairylightduex wrote:

Pot pie in Pa. is made with ham, pork, beef, or chicken, where pot pie noodles (square noodles) are cooked in the broth with some onion slices and usually a thinly sliced potato. It is called slippery potpie. To really top it off, some people actually serve it on mashed potatoes!!
I love the pork potpie the best, without the mashed potatoes :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm 

YUM!
My husband like his Chicken and noodles served over mashed potatoes. They also put ham and beans on top of fried potatoes~ I'd never heard of that before, but it is good. Makes for a large --- , but good! lol.

voyeur wrote:
fairylightduex wrote:

Pot pie in Pa. is made with ham, pork, beef, or chicken, where pot pie noodles (square noodles) are cooked in the broth with some onion slices and usually a thinly sliced potato. It is called slippery potpie. To really top it off, some people actually serve it on mashed potatoes!!
I love the pork potpie the best, without the mashed potatoes :lol: