It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love that bread machine!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:55 am 

I usually use my bread machine on the dough setting so that I can make rolls. I have recently been making this loaf bread. It is healthy and you can actually slice it to make toast.

1 1/3 C. water
2 T butter, melted
3 T honey
1 1/2 C bread flour
1 1/3 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast, quick rising
1/2 C milled flax seed
1/2 C sunflower seeds

Assemble according to manufacturer's instructions except the sunflower seeds. Add those when the machine signals you to add additional ingredients. Use the basic white cycle. I set my machine on 1 1/2 pound loaf.

Post subject: Re: Love that bread machine!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 pm 

I love to make bread and have wondered about a bread machine. My neighbour has one ans sets it to mix and bake on a timer so that she has warm wonderful bread in the morning!

I'd be fat as a hog I think if I had access to fresh warm bread and butter every morning!

Your recipe sounds good.

I like to put flax in a coffee grinder and then add it to oatmeal. Yummy.

srvfantexasflood wrote:
I usually use my bread machine on the dough setting so that I can make rolls. I have recently been making this loaf bread. It is healthy and you can actually slice it to make toast.

1 1/3 C. water
2 T butter, melted
3 T honey
1 1/2 C bread flour
1 1/3 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast, quick rising
1/2 C milled flax seed
1/2 C sunflower seeds

Assemble according to manufacturer's instructions except the sunflower seeds. Add those when the machine signals you to add additional ingredients. Use the basic white cycle. I set my machine on 1 1/2 pound loaf.

Post subject: Re: Bread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:12 am 

Grinding flax in the coffee grinder is a good tip. I understand that flax seed doesn't have much health benefits in it's whole stage. The bread machine is also good for setting on the dough setting and making rolls or cinnamon rolls. I do kolaches alot too. Now, if I could just get it to start povitica loaves, I'd be happy :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:12 am 

Grinding flax in the coffee grinder is a good tip. I understand that flax seed doesn't have much health benefits in it's whole stage. The bread machine is also good for setting on the dough setting and making rolls or cinnamon rolls. I do kolaches alot too. Now, if I could just get it to start povitica loaves, I'd be happy :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:38 pm 

srvfantexasflood wrote:

Ok Spill, lol...what are POVITICA loaves?

Post subject: poviticia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:32 pm 

Boy, I'm slow to respond!
Poviticia is a traditional dessert of swirled bread. Bread dough is swirled with a filling of nut meats or cream cheese, etc. There is a bakery in Kansas City, KS called Strawberry Hill bakery. Their web site is www.poviticia.com. It is expensive, difficult and time consuming to make but it is worth it. I have seen the Strawberry Hill poviticia sold as various stores like Sam's Club.
Hope that helps.