It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SUPERBOWL PARTY RECIPE IDEAS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:37 pm 

Anybody have any good ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 pm 

Pizza Hut!! (Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm 

I know the usual hot wings, a good chili, and alot of beer are always popular. Not much help on recipies for this one.
We have a friend who has had a wild game feed for years......started by his Dad, and we have only been 9 year participants. He cooks up what he has been successful in "bagging" during the year. We have everything from 2 types of venison roast, quail, rabbit, squirrel (he bakes it in beer.....yummmy, though boney) elk, one year bear, and the usual groundhog croquettes. Everyone brings a side dish, and a good time is had by all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:55 pm 

Quote:
Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 pm 

Well, I guess it's gonna be pretty much the same as always. Layer dip is a big hit at my house, and my daughter just assumes that is one thing she can look forward to having on this day. My husband says meatballs, cocktail smokies and a cheese platter. Nobody in my home is up for trying new things! Boring....

Oh, and.......

GO GIANTS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:53 pm 

I like to make Beer Balls - take your meatballs and fry 'em up, in a bowl mix about 3 cups ketchup, 1/4 cup worchestershire, 1 1/2 cups sugar and about half a can of beer. Throw it all in a crockpot on low. Serve when hot. Yummy! You can also adjust the ingredient amounts to taste. I don't even measure anymore.

Profile E-mail