|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||dscott1245 [ Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:28 pm ]|
|Post subject:||caramelized BACON:|
Heres what you need:
1 pound of bacon
1 1pound box of light brown sugar (about 2 1/4 cups)
1/4 cup of water
1. cut bacon in to medium thick slices 3/16 of an inch
2. preheat oven to 400 degrees. line a large, rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Dump a box of brown sugar into a big bowl. Add 1/4 cup of
water, so that the sugar becomes more than damp but less than soupy. (Optional: add a dash of cayenne pepper).
3. Dredge the bacon in the sugar, one slice at a time. if the sugar isn't sticking to the bacon add more water 1 teaspoon at a time till the sugar sticks. Place the bacon strips on the paper. then smear some sugar on top of the strips.
4. Place the bacon in the oven cook till it's the way you prefer IE. crispy or chewy.
5. serve at room temp. serves 8-10
|Author:||voyeur [ Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 pm ]|
That sounds good Will definately have to try it
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group