It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taco Bars - Easy and Cheap to make!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:27 pm 

A Friend of mine gave me this idea recently and it's really really yummy! We don't have a name for it and you cut it up into bars so hence the name!

2 Cans of Cressant Rolls
Taco Meat - Season any way you like. Personally I like to use Taco Bell Seasoning packets. (The PC Way would be to cook your meat then sprinkle Southwest Seasoning over it. YUMMY TOO.)
Sour Cream and/or Refried Beans
All your favorite Taco Toppings: lettuce, cheese, onions, guac., tomato etc....

Take the Cressant Rolls and roll them out flat on your cookie sheet. (Stoneware Bar Pan is what I use.) Sprinkle a little flour on and roll the edges together. (Of course I have a nifty pasty roller being a Pampered Chef Consultant, but any small roller will do... or press with a little flour and your fingers.)
Bake for about 13-15 minutes until done. Sit it aside.

Cook your meat add the seasoning. When the cressant rolls are cool, spread refried beans or sour cream on the bottom. Sprinkle Hamburger over the top. Then add whatever toppings you love... Cut into squares and WAH LA!

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY It's more like an indian taco type breading then a taco, chips or tortilla.

Another great way to do the same rolled out cressant thing would be to do the Chicken Club Squares that we devised this recipe from.

Take a box of cream cheese and mix in a 1/4 cup of sour cream add 1 or 2 tablespoons of dill weed and a shake of garlic powder. Spread this over the crust add either left over chicken, buy chicken in the can (Aldi's has them, about $1.50. - just seperate them smoosh them between your thumb and finger.) Then add lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and bacon bits..... SO SO GOOD. Everytime I cook it at one of my PC BINGO's the crowd goes wild for it. You have have have to try it.

Profile E-mail