It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: crab rangoon?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
anybody have a good one they have, and is there really no crab meat involved in them? haha, tell me if you got one, thanks guys


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: crab rangoon?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: Lawrence, KS
CHall2052 wrote:
anybody have a good one they have, and is there really no crab meat involved in them? haha, tell me if you got one, thanks guys


I second this request. It is one of my favorite appetizers! There seems to be a couple of varieties of them. I've had some that are sweet tasting & others that are more savory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:06 pm
Posts: 553
I am sure there are many variations...
I just use cream cheese and chopped imitation crab meat. Fill each wonton, fold, and deep fry until brown. Really easy. And, really good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: Lawrence, KS
P.J. wrote:
I am sure there are many variations...
I just use cream cheese and chopped imitation crab meat. Fill each wonton, fold, and deep fry until brown. Really easy. And, really good!


Do you add anything else like onion or garlic powder?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:06 pm
Posts: 553
My sister adds a little minced garlic. My mom adds garlic powder. It really depends on what you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 62
I use cream cheese, real crab , green onion or chives (chopped fine), and garlic powder (or minced). This is the way it was made the first time I had it 20 some years ago. I have made it with imitation crab.

Alot of places put sugar in the mixture. I think it is horrible.

The Scarlet Orchid used to have a Salmon Rangoon appetizer. It was very good. I don't know if it is still on their menu.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: Lawrence, KS
veggielover wrote:
I use cream cheese, real crab , green onion or chives (chopped fine), and garlic powder (or minced). This is the way it was made the first time I had it 20 some years ago. I have made it with imitation crab.

Alot of places put sugar in the mixture. I think it is horrible.

The Scarlet Orchid used to have a Salmon Rangoon appetizer. It was very good. I don't know if it is still on their menu.


I prefer the savory version of the crab rangoon too. Has anyone used canned crab meat for theirs?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:06 pm
Posts: 553
My family didn't care for the canned crab, which is why I tried the imitation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
i want it to be a little bit sweet, like the ones they have at peking taste... mmmmm


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:45 am
Posts: 19
Location: Lawrence
It's a good thing I can't make these at home (no deep-fat fryer). If I could, I'd be having them all the time, and I'd be REALLY fat!!!

_________________
Check out my handmade Insect Displays:
www.insectartonline.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group