It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jackson County
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am 

Only a Kansas could think of this ...
from the county where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story.

Recently a Jackson County Sheriff patrol car parked outside a bar in Holton, Kansas. After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell into. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine, dry summer night) flicked the blinkers on, then off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a
little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left.

At last, the parking lot empty, he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the road. The sheriff, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said,
"I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the sheriffs station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," said the truly proud Holtonite.
"Tonight I'm the designated decoy."