Dot
SheShapes
Timesawaistin'
Clockworkowl
To name a few.

Did you guys get a bump on the head and forget your way? :???:

Post subject: Re: Those 'gone missing'
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 pm 

I'm around--- just got rather busy for a while, and frankly, I was fed up with this playground and needed a break (it wasn't fun anymore). I'm not sure how I feel about LV even now, especially with a certain moderator announcement of one person's "time out." Hey, I have no idea what glock did to get cut off, but was that announcement truly necessary???

And to boot, now we have a lynch mob afoot calling for community outrage toward a community member (who we know nothing about as far as his prior and current circumstances). Wow, how totally irresponsible. Good job Larryville. Where community happens. Is this the type of community I want to be in?

Last edited by sheshapes on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:15 pm 

sheshapes wrote:
I'm around--- just got rather busy for a while, and frankly, I was fed up with this playground and needed a break (it wasn't fun anymore). I'm not sure how I feel about LV even now, especially with a certain moderator announcement of one person's "time out." Hey, I have no idea what glock did to get cut off, but was that announcement truly necessary???

And to boot, now we have mobs afoot calling for community outrage toward a community member (who we know nothing about as far as his prior and current circumstances). Wow, how totally irresponsible. Good job Larryville. Where community happens. Is this the type of community I want to be in?

Glad to see your butterfly back when I log on, SS!! I agree with you 100%, but since I am one of those who no longer live in LV, I am sure my opinion is not worth much. Gern, Glock......hey, I love reading the discussions even though I don't post much, but you keep me reading and interested, as well as informed on the "real" opinions in LV with thoughtful, though differing, opinions......not the attacking and hateful postings of some. Nuff said

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 pm 

Fly
Iknowyouknow...(I think I'm getting the name wrong, but you know who I mean)
Tallgrassterriers
Scorned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:17 pm 

Hey fairy! I am around as well. Just don't post near as much anymore for basically the same reasons that have already been stated. I really have no problem with change, and realize that it can be difficult, but I believe it was taken to a whole new level here. I think some basic management / internal and external customer service skills are in order. I keep hoping things will settle down and adult discussions can begin again, but I have to admit, I am starting to lose hope.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 pm 

voyeur wrote:
Glad to see your butterfly back when I log on, SS!! I agree with you 100%, but since I am one of those who no longer live in LV, I am sure my opinion is not worth much.

I'm so glad to hear someone likes my hokey butterfly picture! I love it too!

By the way, in my book, your opinion, whether I agree or not, is truly gold to me. And you don't have to live in a certain place to express what you think! Gold is gold.

edited for accuracy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am 

Hi Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like old home week, lol.

Every time we have a topic that COULD become great debate it gets hijacked or whined about. You know what, I don't think some folks like us, lol. I am crushed.

IT does appear they are trying to have this board present a certain view as being the correct view. Not an unbiased lot if you ask me. but oh well. Just happy to see you guys haven't fallen into a blackhole out there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:20 pm 

fairylightduex wrote:
Hi Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like old home week, lol.

Every time we have a topic that COULD become great debate it gets hijacked or whined about. You know what, I don't think some folks like us, lol. I am crushed.

IT does appear they are trying to have this board present a certain view as being the correct view. Not an unbiased lot if you ask me. but oh well. Just happy to see you guys haven't fallen into a blackhole out there.

I think there are too many flag happy trolls to post any kind of point of view without being inundated by some kind of nonsense. If there's a "correct" point of view, god/dess knows what that point of view is, for one cannot see the forest through the trolls anymore. Now it's just trolls running around flagging everything and harassing (with a little sprinkling of extreme partisan opinions every now and then).

Wha??? People don't like us? I didn't catch that hint--- maybe I have too many trolls on my foes list to notice! :shrug:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 am 

sheshapes wrote:
your opinion, whether I agree or not, is truly gold to me. And you don't have to live in a certain place to express what you think! Gold is gold.

I will try to find your book and read it SS.
That is the essence of why I love LV and I try never never scold anyone for saying what they believe, (with the exception of yellowhouse being dumb enough not to know when to shut up).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:28 am 

bergerfry wrote:
sheshapes wrote:
your opinion, whether I agree or not, is truly gold to me. And you don't have to live in a certain place to express what you think! Gold is gold.

That is the essence of why I love LV and I try never never scold anyone for saying what they believe, (with the exception of yellowhouse being dumb enough not to know when to shut up).

I hear ya--- it's sort of the point of a discussion forum, don't you think???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 pm 

sheshapes wrote:
bergerfry wrote:
sheshapes wrote:

I hear ya--- it's sort of the point of a discussion forum, don't you think???

This just doesn't happen to be a "discussion" forum anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 am 

I agree, it's 'lost that lovin' feelin' ( have the Rightous Brothers playing at the moment)

I LOVE good discussion- heated debate and all that jazz- Jump in and start one! Please.

This just doesn't happen to be a "discussion" forum anymore.[/quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:37 pm 

Dont forget Dorthy havent seen her here in a long time too