It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tony Soprano sheds clothes???
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm 

When I first saw this headline, I though he had literally shed clothes for a charity, and OMG who would want to see that!! My relief came as I read the article!! There is a God after all!

Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tony Soprano is shedding his clothes.
art.soprano.auction.jpg

Actor James Gandolfini has donated outfits he wore while playing Tony Soprano to charity.

Actor James Gandolfini is selling 24 complete outfits from the award-winning television series about a Mafia family -- all in the name of charity.

They include the signature short-sleeve, button-down blue shirt worn in the opening credits of the HBO series, and the bathrobe he wore to fetch the morning paper.

Proceeds from the June 25 Pop Culture auction at Christie's in Manhattan will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. The Florida-based group assists severely wounded soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Gandolfini's wardrobe -- many with the original production tags attached -- is expected to fetch a total of $24,700 to $36,500. The auctioneer says some of the costumes could go for as little as $500.
E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend
Share this on:
Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon Myspace
| Mixx it | Share

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.