It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ball question
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:48 pm 

There are moth balls but are there spider balls? This is a serious question about getting rid of spiders.

Post subject: Re: Ball question
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:21 pm 

talkinyet wrote:
There are moth balls but are there spider balls? This is a serious question about getting rid of spiders.

I think neutering spiders is an excellent way to control the spider population. :grin:

However, I've only seen sprays and those sticky traps. If you find something more effective, please let me know. Hate hate hate the spiders!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 pm 

Actually I've had pretty good luck with moth balls getting rid of a lot of critters. Try putting some near the spider area and see if they can take the odor. Only do this in an area where you won't be bothered by the smell. I know it gets unwanted animals out of an area you want to keep them out of. works for me, but never tried them on spiders.

"If one can smell moth balls, how can one get their legs far enough apart to put their nose that close"?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 pm 

I smelled mothballs before...but it was hell holding their little legs apart!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:20 am 

I haven't used it in quite a while but I've had great success with hedge apples getting rid of spiders. They aren't exactly in season right now but when they are if you crack them open and place them in a corner away from small children or pets they will get rid of spiders.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:48 pm 

Hedge apples are a remedy for almost all critters!! For in your home, as said before, break them and keep them out of reach etc., but you can also toss them into your attic whole, and they will keep squirrels, mice all the little creatures including bugs (ew) out! They do not smell bad when they are in the attic( (I mean they don't give off that "rotten" smell you might expect), they just dry up on their own. Does anyone still have a problem with those camel crickets? They are so gross, and still showing up in our basement! I wouldn't dream of going down there barefoot since they do not have a normal cricket shell, they squash really easily! (Although I wouldn't want to step on e regular cricket barefoot either! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:50 pm 

HA! Ive dug up the oldest post. Just a part of something much, much bigger. Muha. Muhahaha. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! THE INTERNET IS DOOOOOMED!