It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxes Associated with new jail project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:36 pm 

D. REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS:

1. Consider adopting Resolution No. 7083-A, authorizing and calling a special question election submitting to the voters the proposition of levying a special one-quarter of one percent city retailers sales tax to pay the cost of constructing and equipping a police facility and directing notice of special question election to be published, or Resolution No. 7083-B, authorizing and calling a special question election submitting to the voters the proposition of levying a special two-tenths of one percent city retailers sales tax to pay the cost of constructing and equipping a police facility and directing notice of special question election to be published. Staff Memo & Attachments

https://www.lawrenceks.org/assets/agend ... genda.html

Post subject: Re: Taxes Associated with new jail project
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm 

$47,340 per acre is too much money plus construction costs which is not is not in line with a sluggish economy in a low wage community.

"which will increase the taxes on a $170,000 home by about ANOTHER $28 a year."

Just another 28 $$$$$ a year. Hey that's not bad what the heck. Who cares !!!

The question becomes how much have increased taxes,increased water rates,increased user fees,increased sales taxes cost homeowners over the past 30 years? In addition to all of the other increases over the past 30 years.

Now homeowners might begin to care. The economy is quite sluggish yet city government keeps expanding our list of NEW taxpayer liabilities while ignoring some more pressing concerns of say repairing sidewalks and adding
safer inner city bike paths both of which can be accomplished for a whole lot less money while providing less expensive transportation.

How many are or have received pay increases that match our increased taxes,increased water rates,increased user fees and increased sales taxes etc etc over the past 30 years? According to what I read wages have been dropping since 1970.

Where is plan B ?

Post subject: Re: Taxes Associated with new jail project
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 pm 

My self-identified best qualities are being generous, extremely loving to the people I care about, and I'm empathetic almost to a fault. I generally strive to make the world a better place even though I am cynical by nature.

My self-identified worse qualities are talking too much, being self-centered, and somewhat neurotic. (I also suffer from poor spelling abilities).

My parents never got divorced and all of my sisters are married to their first husbands.

Profile E-mail