It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Serious Computer Issues
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:57 pm 

My husband was trying to check his email Sat eve. He noticed the computer was running slow. He shut the computer down and then restarted.

Something came up that said:
Windows could not find files
OR
File was corputed.

Hubby took the computer to Office Depot.
They said anything could have happened!
Take the computer home and reinstall all the disk.
This has been done.
When he went to reinstall (Trend) Virus Protection etc...it said...(C) Drive is full.
Keeps saying Drive (C) has only 10 MB of free disk space.
(Low Disk space)
We just had the computer cleaned out about 2 months ago. That is when we added Trend.
I am at a loss...can somebody that knows computers...please tell me what happened...and what we need to do!
Everything we ever had on our computer is gone (resumes, job applications submitted, cover letters, pictures, anything and everything we had on the computer).

Thank you
Angie

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Serious Computer Issues
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:19 pm 

I'm really sorry you've had some serious issues with your PC. I would have never encouraged you to reinstall the windows OS without backing up your files. This was a terrible mistake on Office Depot/Max's part.

I have had some luck in the past doing data recovery and I am a certified technician and I would be willing to take a look at your computer. Most likely what has happened is the windows operating system was installed an an incorrect partition size and has thus caused there to not be enough space for the OS.

You're welcome to contact me at rowingjayhawk at gmail dotttt com and I could see about taking a look at your computer as I'm a college student at KU without a job, so this is something I do on the side.

-Vic